Sugo is a type of Italian sauce, typically made with tomatoes, onions, garlic, and various herbs and spices.
Here is a Basic Recipe for Sugo Sauce:
Ingredients for Sugo Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (28 oz total)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Here is the Guide to Make Sugo(Italian Tomato Sauce) by Howupscale:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for 20-25 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the basil and let it cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve over pasta, or use it as a base for pizza or other dishes.
Note: You can customize your sugo by adding meats, seafood, or vegetables of your choice.