Enamel paint is one of the materials used to add a finishing touch to anything, especially because of the shiny and hard surface that it forms after its application. Enamel paint can be identified by its texture which creates a glassier-like surface for better aesthetics and visual beauty of the object. This type of paint is usually applied on metals and ceramics and is left to dry under extremely high temperatures for a better protective coating. People often get confused between enamel paint and ordinary paint. The only and primary difference between the two is that while ordinary paint has more of a water base, enamel paint is oil-based in nature. Also, enamel paints are used on hard surfaces to make them even stronger in terms of strength.
Where is enamel paint used?
Enamel paint can be used on anything ranging from room walls, metal or wood furnishings, refrigerators, and more. There is nail enamel paint which is popularly applied on fingernails to make them look pretty.
To read more interesting blogs related to home decor, you can visit www.decorchamp.com.
Advantages of enamel paint
Mentioned below are some of the advantages of using enamel paint.
- Enamel paint is very simple to apply. Whether you hire a painter to get the job done or prefer doing it yourself to save a bit of cash, then, you can do it either way. Once you apply a coat of enamel paint on the object, they dry up extremely quickly when exposed to natural air. Also, because its application and drying-up process is so smooth, you do not need to worry about spoiling your floor or adjacent furnishings.
- Once the enamel paint dries up completely, you get an amazing finish touch. Not only do you get a glossy and sheen touch to the object but will also find the object to now be extremely smooth. The overall texture of the object after the application of enamel paint is highly uniform.
- Apart from the aesthetic value that enamel paint adds to any object, it is important to note that the strength of the object also improves. After drying up, you are left with a hardened surface which is necessary for the durability and longevity of the object.
- People often think that enamel paint is only available in a shiny transparent color but this is not the case. Enamel paint is easily available in the market in a number of shades. You can buy whichever enamel paint color you wish to buy, just as you would purchase ordinary water-based paints.
- The availability of enamel paint is limitless. You will not find a hardware or paint store that does not sell a single tub of enamel paint. It is just not possible! Thus, this makes the purchasing of enamel paint very simple and easy.
- Enamel paint is very durable! Because it ends up creating a hardened surface on the object, it makes it scratch, dust, and mold-resistant. Also, if any stain occurs on the object by any chance, it is extremely easy to get rid of it by wiping it off with water.
Disadvantages of enamel paint
Mentioned below are some of the disadvantages for using enamel paint.
- Enamel paints, as mentioned, are typically oil-based paints. This means that they generate an exceptionally strong odor that can be annoying when applying it. continuous exposure to the smell of enamel paint will lead the person to feel nauseous, and dizzy, and experience painful headaches. Also, if ingested by mistake, it can cause a lot of health issues which is why you need to visit a doctor immediately if this happens.
- One of the main components of oil-based enamel paint is urethane, and urethane is a very hazardous and toxic material. If not used and managed with caution, it can pose great safety threats to people around. No wonder when enamel paint is applied, all forms of flammable objects and fire are kept out of reach because urethane is highly flammable.
- If enamel paint is not used or disposed of carefully, it can also pose to be a great threat to the environment. This is why you need to maintain extreme caution.
Read more about Enamel paint here – Know all about Synthetic Enamel Paint, Shade Card & Pricing
If you are looking to buy enamel paint to apply on the walls of your house, or on any other object, then, know that this is a very common material for purchase, and you can get it easily in any hardware or paint store. Before you purchase from any enamel paint manufacturing brand, ensure that you have looked up all the important details and the risks that come with using it. Although you can hire professional painters to get your enamel painting job done, you can also do it yourself by following safety protocols. Its application is extremely simple!