The ability to take screenshots is a handy feature. Instantly capture any screen content for future use. This feature is available on almost all devices today. The screenshot feature is available on all devices, including Android, PCs, Macs, iPhones, and MacBook.
Most of the time, taking screenshots with Android devices is easy. Even beginners can easily learn the technique. You can safely say that iPhone has a similar process. The process is a bit more difficult when you have a larger screen, such as if it were a laptop or computer.
Each OS has its own method for taking screenshots. Say you have an iOS device. There are likely to be multiple screenshot-taking methods for iPhones, iPads and Macs.
You will find the answers to your questions here. This guide will show you how to take screenshots with MacBook.
The methods for taking screenshots have also become simpler as the MacBook versions upgrade. There are three ways to take a screenshot on a MacBook standard version. These shortcuts are just a simple combination of keys. There is a fourth way to take a screenshot on MacBook Pros with Touch Bar.
You can also save, delete, or open the screenshots to mark up. These methods also apply to the new MacBook models with the M2 chipset. The MacOS software is more or less the same for MacBook Air.
Let’s take screenshots of Mac.
How do you take a screen shot on a MacBook Pro?
MacBooks running macOS Mojave and Catalina come with the Screenshot app. This version of Mac is easy to use. These methods are also compatible with Apple Mac desktops.
You can click on Options.You can choose from a variety of options depending on whether you are taking a screenshot, or recording a screen. You can, for example, choose whether to show the mouse cursor or clicks or set a delay time.Show Floating Thumbnail allows you to work with a finished shot or recording more easily. It floats at the bottom right corner of the screen so that you can drag it to a document or mark it up before it is saved.
Method 1: Command + Shift plus 3.
The shortcut key combination “Command + Shift + 3”, on the keyboard, will capture the entire screen.
Method 2: Command + Shift plus 4.
You can capture a specific window by pressing “Command + Shift + 4” together. You can easily capture screenshots of specific screens by following the steps.
- Press the Spacebar. Your mouse or crosshair can now be used as a camera. Drag the crosshair to the window you wish to capture. The image captured will have a border of white with some shadow.
- Hold the Spacebar down – Continue pressing the Spacebar, until you have highlighted the area that you want to screenshot. Release the button just before you release your mouse. This will lock the desired shape and size (selection). It can be repositioned. Now you can create the perfect screenshot.
- Hold down the Shift key – This is the same process as holding down the Spacebar. You can move the edge of the button for screenshots.
Method 3: Command + Shift plus 5.
We discussed a Screenshot app on MacBooks running macOS Mojave or Catalina. The Screenshot App is opened by pressing the combination “Command + Shift + 5”.
You will notice different icons when you open the Screenshot app. The icons on the left and right indicate:
- Screen capture of the entire screen.
- Specified window capture
- Screen capture of partial screen.
- Recording the entire screen.
- Recording a partial screen.
If you go to the “Options”, section at the top of the screen you’ll find more features, such as a timer, a storage option, capturing the cursor, etc. There are many options for saving the screenshot. These include desktop, previews, mail, clipboard and more. Click on the buttons to record the window or screen you want.You can also discuss with macbook repair dubai expert.
Click the “X” button at the bottom left corner of the screen to close the screenshot panel. You can also use the “Escape key”.
Screenshot App for MacBook comes with a Show Floating Thumbnail option that is enabled by default. You can preview a screenshot in the lower right corner after taking it. The iPhone does not have the option to disable it.
Method 4: Command + Shift plus 6.
Only MacBooks equipped with Touch Bar can use the combination key for a screenshot. “Command + Shift + 5” is not applicable to other MacBooks. We all know that Touch Bar can only be found on the new MacBook Pro.
It’s easy to take a screenshot with these MacBooks. The Touch Bar makes the process simple.
These are the four most basic methods to capture a screenshot on MacBooks. Any method you find easy can be used. After we discussed how to take screenshots on Macs, let’s see the same procedure for iPhones!
How to screenshot an iPhone.
It is simple to take screenshots with a mobile phone. It is not difficult to do. Even children can take a screenshot with iPhones and Android phones. The process for taking screenshots on iPhones is as follows:
- Press the Side button and the Volume-Up simultaneously. Press the Side button and the Home button together for older iPhone models.
- You can preview the image or screen as it is being capture in the lower left-hand corner of your iPhone.
- You can edit the screenshot or image by tapping on it. In the upper right corner, you can also share or delete the screenshot.
- When you are finish editing or sharing, click the “Done button”. You can save the screenshot in Files, Photos or any other location.
This guide should help you quickly take a screenshot of your MacBook. You can use the delay feature to delay the timings of the screenshots using the third method.